3 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Christy 03/06/2011 at 5:08 pm | | Reply

Your ‘sorta slice’ today made me think. It’s funny, but even though my own digital identity confuses me, it is the sort of thing I kind of guessed everyone else had figured out. When I started blogging last year, I decided that I would just post all of me on one blog. My blog is a mix of everything that is me: personal, professional, friendly, and otherwise. I went this route because I think that this is the way I approach life, but I can see why people separate their blogs. You got me thinking.

2. Deb 03/06/2011 at 9:38 pm | | Reply

I’m a beginner blogger so I had not thought of digital identity. In the beginning which wasn’t too long ago I had a purpose of encouraging reading passion but I’ve noticed that my personal life is spilling over into my blog. You have me thinking.

3. stephanie 03/06/2011 at 10:41 pm | | Reply

i’m with you on the confusion of roles (digital identity, as you put it). i don’t give my blog address to my students because i see that as my space, though. and only a very few colleagues know that i blog. however, after a techy workshop several months ago, i realized just how much i use digital media and love using pictures & videos when i post–so i’m teaching my sophomores to do this, too. all they know how to do is post of facebook..and i find that a crying shame. i’ve started blogging on my school system’s platform, and my students will start this week. i’m hoping they will find it as fascinating as i do.

thanks for making me think about this topic, though.