7 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Ruth Ferris/Storykeeper 03/28/2012 at 12:32 am | | Reply

Very nostalgic. A year’s growth. An accomplishment to be sure.

2. wakeupandwrite 03/28/2012 at 12:38 am | | Reply

I like your description of how we play with time in our writing. I never really thought about it – but time and the way we deal with it in writing can be core to our expression.

3. annerochford 03/28/2012 at 2:02 am | | Reply

I loved the analogy of the writing slipping into your fingers like Cinderella’s foot slipping into the glass slipper – both a perfect fit. A little aside – My son’s middle name is Calder, your slice is only the second time in 17 years I have seen it used as a name other than a surname

4. jee young 03/28/2012 at 3:12 am | | Reply

I agree that is is important to find joy in every moment! Joy is my one little word for tis year. 🙂 I like how you reflected back to a year ago. I have enjoyed trying to post a day ahead instead of feeling stressed to get the post done before the day ends.

5. Jennifer K. 03/28/2012 at 10:39 am | | Reply

I agree with wakeupandwrite. I love the ways writers play with time, sometimes glossing over weeks, months, or years in a few sentences, but stretching out minutes into several pages. Thanks for the reminder!

6. Mrs. V 03/28/2012 at 11:02 am | | Reply

What a powerful last line! Enjoy your spring break.

7. Cathy 03/28/2012 at 12:50 pm | | Reply

Interesting thinking about the way we move through time in our writing — and the way time impacts our writing. Like you, I’ve sometimes posted two days within hours of one another. I loved this line, “We can gloss over hours, days, months – even years and offer a clarity to our readers that it took us a lifetime to obtain.”

Cathy