Today ~ SOLSC ~ 4/31

Today…

my son woke up early, giggling and sneaking around to get dressed before we noticed what he was doing.
my grandmother celebrated her 83rd birthday {love you, Aiti!}
my puppy wanted to play, but settled for snuggles while I read on the couch instead.

I heard the best quote while walking to my classroom – “So why aren’t you gonna go to the dance with me?” – delivered with a huff and a puff!
I saw the sun shining through the crisp air and was thankful for the way it felt warm through the panes of glass.
I practiced patience by giving wait time and work time – to my students.

my to-do is unfinished as is typical.
my husband’s grandfather father celebrated his 92nd birthday {love you, Great Papa!}
my heart is both heavy and full as I regret missed opportunities to extend grace and pour out compassion to those I hold closest.

Tonight…

I rest while, in their room, both kids curled around one another in restful agreement at last.
I savor the sleepy cinnamon scent that greeted me when I kissed her goodnight, and I bottle up the low hum of relaxation as I kissed him as well.
I write…to forget, to remember, to celebrate and forgive all that took place…

…Today

SOLSC

This post was written as part of a monthly challenge sponsored by  Two Writing Teachers, to encourage writing and community.  The goal is to write a Slice of Life entry each day throughout the month of March.

2 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Amy boyden 03/04/2015 at 11:04 pm | | Reply

So many little moments to stretch on another day!! 😀
    http://parentingandpedagogy.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-view.html

2. Carol 03/04/2015 at 11:19 pm | | Reply

Graceful snippets of love.