It’s been too long!

I’m embarrassed by the fact that my last post was nearly a month ago!  It seems impossible that time has passed so quickly.  I hope that what few readers I managed to attract haven’t written me off as a lost cause (which is a round about way of asking you to leave me some feedback if you’re still lurking out there!!).

I understand that my snazzy embedded podcast in my last post doesn’t work unless I am logged into my Edline account, because that’s where the link is imported from…so I’m still working on finding ways to embed podcasts into this blog because it’s a great way for students to take their work and make it public. 

Since I’ve last written we have wrapped up our reading units in both 7th and 8th grade and begun our writing units (children’s stories in 7th and poetry in 8th).  So far, the students are doing a fair job and I hope to kick it up a notch this week. 

Personally, I travelled to New York where I attended several sessions at the National Writing Project annual meeting and toured the city reminiscing about the six months I lived there during an internship my junior year in college and making new memories with fellow writing project colleagues.  I’ve purchased nearly all my Christmas presents and have decorated my house for the holidays.  I’ve also worked on a small collection of poetry that I too hope to publish with the students and keep as a gift for my son.

One Response

Page 1 of 1
  1. Mary Sprunger 12/08/2007 at 6:18 pm | | Reply

Personally, I am a little jelous about the shopping in New York and having nearly all of your shopping done.