In the course of four days I’ve experienced:
- butterflies of anticipation in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.
- the throes of an allergic onslaught and thwarted head cold.
- admiration of my colleagues.
- sheer excitement at the possibility each day has to offer.
- total pride in my amazing students.
- complete and utter vocal chord exhaustion.
- a renewed passion for my must-have coffee and French Vanilla creamer each morning!
- inexplicable awe at the opportunity I have to work with such talented young people each morning, and continue that journey with my own precious children each afternoon.
There’s nothing better than the first week spent getting to know new students, sharing in their stories and welcoming them into mine. Together we are crafting a tale that will reveal itself to us as we collaboratively read, think, revise, edit, analyze and construct meaning throughout the coming months.
If you would like to join us on this amazing journey, check out this video that is not only timely but one tangible way you can help make a difference in so many lives! Have a wonderful weekend!