As I sit to write this, I have a handful of possible excuses ready and waiting to explain the sudden absence around here.
- Traveling to Chicago to attend the National Writing Project annual meeting where I was able to meet up with Stacey and Ruth from Two Writing Teachers, and connect with other slicers!
- Starting a 21-day health and fitness challenge (before Thanksgiving?! I know, right?)
- Attending a high school production of Les Miserables, and it more than surpassed any expectations!
- Writing my Christmas letter!
- Singing with my church worship band and orchestrating a dine-and-dash progressive dinner event for our youth group.
- Returning to a middle school classroom after for the only day last week which happened to follow 2 straight days with a guest teacher.
- Conferring with nearly 35 of my 70 students’ parents during 2 evenings and 1 afternoon last week.
- Traveling to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula for Thanksgiving festivities with my in-laws.
- Reading drafts of mystery stories.
- Editing pictures for photography clients.
- Recreating an apple dip recipe I learned from dine-and-dash!
- Producing a masterpiece – bacon jam!
- Jamming to Christmas music and oldies on the drive home!
- Beginning my holiday decorating, which involves deep cleaning!
- Seeing Breaking Dawn Part One with one of my favorite people!
- Planning out the next few weeks of class.
- Taking my daughter to see The Nutcracker for the very first time!
- Counting my many blessings!
There certainly isn’t a lack of thankfulness around here – more just a lack of time to share all that which I am thankful for!