Afternoon Sun ~ SOLSC ~ 17/31

For four months, my husband coaches basketball.  The first season seems to fly by and as the kids get older, it’s easier to come to games and help out (a.k.a. dribble behind the bench and fetch a few cups of water in exchange for a concession candy between games).  Yet each year, the relief we feel of getting to leave school in the afternoon as opposed to early (or late) evening is something enjoyed by our entire family.

The recent change in weather has only added to that enjoyment as we take one, and sometimes two walks or bike rides around town together.  Today, the sun was warm despite the chill in the air.  We arrived home and like cats seeking the perfect sliver of sunshine slanting through windows, the kids both began scoping out their spots.  Seneca decided the small space in her room would provide enough light for her face, but she needed an extra blanket for warmth.

Calder opted for the light in the living room as he curled up on the floor with his book.  Having brought home a book I’ve been wanted to read aloud with him, I snagged a pillow off the couch and joined him on the floor.  Together, we read through the first 25 pages of Wonder.

Reading,

Reading

or resting,

Resting

this was exactly what we needed today.SOLSC

This post was written as part of a monthly challenge sponsored by  Two Writing Teachers, to encourage writing and community.  The goal is to write a Slice of Life entry each day throughout the month of March.

One Response

Page 1 of 1
  1. Lindsey 03/18/2015 at 11:59 am | | Reply

This is how we feel about baseball and debate seasons! Anytime the evening starts earlier than seven is a small blessing. Our young kiddos go to bed at 7:30 so it eliminates the rush of attempting to be a million places at once and trying to get everything done quickly! I completely understand the excitement of a few extra minutes of enjoyment.